Core Aeration & Overseeding Services
What is lawn aeration?
Lawn aeration is the process of removing cores of soil from the lawn using an aerator. When aeration is completed, plugs are pulled from the ground leaving 2.5” - 4” holes in the lawn. The holes relieve soil compaction and allow nutrients and water to go deep into the soil. Aeration is performed during the fall months of the year, after the heat and humidity of summer have broken.
What are the benefits of aeration?
There are many benefits to aerating your lawn, including:
- Reduces soil compaction
- Increases activity of soil microorganisms that decompose thatch
- Improves fertilizer uptake
- Enhances water uptake and use by soil
- Increases oxygen movement between the soil and atmosphere
- Enhances infiltration of rainfall and irrigation
- Helps prevent fertilizer and pesticide run-off from overly compacted areas
What is overseeding?
Overseeding is a way to introduce new and improved grass varieties to an existing lawn. Overseeding is the process of planting new grass seed over existing turf. The perfect time to add new varieties of turf grass to the lawn is right after the soil has been aerated. At Lawn Dawg, we use a premium blend of cool-season grass types that are vigorous and competitive to help keep the lawn thick and healthy.
What are the benefits of overseeding your lawn?
Overseeding is one of the best steps you can take to improve the health and appearance of your lawn. Some of the benefits of overseeding include:
- Improves grass types
- Thicker and healthier grass
- Improves weed tolerance
- Improves drought tolerance
- Increases resistance to insects
- Improves lawn color
Request a Lawn Care Quote or call 888-925-3294 to learn more about our Aeration & Overseeding Services.
The window to perform aeration and overseeding is short and the schedule will fill up fast. In addition, for proper seed germination, aeration with overseeding takes priority and is scheduled as follows:
- Core aerations with overseeding will be scheduled: August 28 - October 6
- Core aerations only will be scheduled: either August 14 - August 25 OR October 9 - until complete
Related Lawn Care Videos:
Lawn Aeration and Overseeding Tips
Related Blog Posts: